I’m heralding in the New Year with a thing for Spring today (though I’m not really sure we’ve had Winter here yet). I made it as well because I really like Victorian bell jars with little taxidermy oddities in them.
I’ve cut the butterfly from 150gsm Jet Black Canford paper and the flower from 200gsm white Fabriano eco artist paper and 300gsm black recycled card. I’ve then lined the base of the bell jar with embossed vellum paper to finish it off.
A recently finished papercut commission for an autumn wedding. The forest is made up of four separate layers, cut from Fabriano eco paper, and finished with cotton white broderie paper at the back. The banner is fixed to the little birds with copper wire coiled flat.