At the weekend I made a unicorn and called her Hildegard.
She’s currently in an online gallery here and I’m waiting to see if she’s short-listed for an exhibition as part of the Cardiff Design Festival, which would be pretty awesome.
I tried out some white card that I’d “borrowed” from Mr G and was really pleased with the finish. It’s actually watercolour paper (Daler Rowney Aquafine 300gsm) and it was a joy to cut. I loved its heavy weight, depth and hammered texture. It took a fair bit more pressure to cut than my usual black card, and I had achy finger joints when I was done, but I’m definitely won over by it. Mr G wasn’t entirely thrilled that I was cutting up his much-loved paper, but I’ve managed to sneak another sheet to play about with heh heh.